Google Drive Search:
How to search for a file on Google Drive which was shared to/by a specific person?
Files Search on Google Drive is similar to Gmail Search. Use the search box at the top. Same search operators shall be used.
- To search for a file shared by a specific person, use search operator “from:” followed by the person email or part of the email
For example, use the search query “from:user”, to retrieve the list of files shared by “user”
- To search for a file shared to a specific person, use search operator “to:” followed by the person email or part of the email
- To search for a file shared to a specific person by you, combine the search operators “from:” and “to:”
Search query “from:me to:firstname.lastname@example.org”
You can also narrow your search by File Type, Visibility and Ownership.
How do I find all files shared with a certain person, and then un-share?
Once you have found all the files that you want, you shall perform the required actions on those files as a group. For example, if you want to unshare all the files you have shared with a person:
- Use search query to list all the files
- Choose all files
- Click Share Button at the top
- Click you can click on the close button or change the accessibility to a specific person.
Please note that only if you are the owner, you will have the Share option available.
Post your thoughts and comments below!